Monday, April 11, 2016

Dos Amigos in the Rain - April 11, 2016

With a member at Stake Conference

                    Hello and happy Monday friends and family. I trust you all had a good week post-General Conference. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology the Gospel Library app already has all the talks that I get to re-enjoy and first enjoy in the case of the Priesthood session. Shout out to President Uchtdorf's address in the Priesthood session by the way. I really feel like the way he chose to talk about families would usually be directed towards a female audience but the comments I hear from men about his address teaches me that we all sometimes struggle with our family relationships. Or they just really like Star Wars references. Well, this week was obviously more than just studying, including an interesting exchange with the Sister Training Leaders and Stake Conference with the Stokers, so let' so dive in.
                    I'm saying "dive" in for the reason that on exchange Thursday in Dover, NH it was pouring rain. Like, all day. Exchanges were just crazy for so many reasons. 1. We split Dover with the Portsmouth Sisters so we while we normally are supposed to spend the exchange in their area we were really in our area half the time. 2. Because miles aren't excused on exchange there was only one car that Sister DeWidt and Sister Pierce used and Sister O'Bryant and I walked in Dover, which wasn't too bad. Except for the rain. All day. It was actually really fun and not too bad to deal with. Especially since we started off the day with service at a thrift store (in our area) and met a lady who was a convert and was actually leaving in a few days to go to Switzerland to marry the elder that tracted into her. Crazy! To add to the craziness, since we were already talking about SwitzerlandI found out Sister O'Bryant's mom served in the same mission as my dad. Geneva, Switzerland Mission represent!
                    For lunch Sister O'Bryant and I went to a burrito place [on the Somersworth side of Dover] called Dos Amigos. Oh man, the food threw me back to Los Favritos back home with the eclectic style of Chipotle. So yes, it wins. The guacamole burrito was just like a Los vegetarian burrito and I was a happy camper. So happy that Saturday Sister DeWidt and went so I went to Dos Amigos twice in a week. #Arizonagirlprobs But when you find a good Mexican food place in New England you need to give it all your business.
                    Back to the craziness of exchanges, so in the time of Sister O'Bryant and I walked after lunch we were splashed twice by passing vehicles. It was one of those things where you could laugh or cry so Sister O'Bryant and I laughed a lot. And could barely hear each other. But we had fun, especially when we came in and I dumped out the pool in my rain boots. We really should have grabbed video of that! haha
                    Saturday evening and Sunday morning we had Stake Conference. Sunday morning we actually heard from President and Sister Stoker who talked about preparing for a mission. I remember this time last year I had my mission call and knew where I was going to serve the Lord for 18 months. If you had told me a year ago who I would be now because of my missionary service I would have been shocked but even more excited for my call to serve. I came to New England as soon as I could and I have never regretted it. It may have been really hard at times but I don't know where I'd rather be in my life right now. I want you all to look where you were a year ago and see where you've come from. I know for some of us it's not a huge change but we all are different people.
May we all continue to become better, different people is my prayer.
Love you all,

Sister Wright 
With Sister Watson, they were roommates in the MTC




With her companion and the Sister Training Leaders

Sister Wright's district. And Moxie

A picture to commemorate being halfway through. She said she's a Stripling Sister


No comments:

Post a Comment