Monday, October 12, 2015

A Couple Three Sisters in Brewer - October 12, 2015

Sister Wright with her new companions, Sister Harward and Sister Castillo

                   Hello friends and family! I hope your week has been just as blessed as mine! As a lot of you know I am in the lovely city of Brewer, Maine which has definitely been a transition but I will talk more about that later. Before I talk about how cool [literally cool because the temperatures are staying around the 60s and lower] Brewer is, I wanted to give a shout out to my friends out in Manchester and just say thank you so much for all the love and support you gave me while I was down there. I am always going to love Manch and could not have asked for a better first area!
                   
                    My last day in Manch (and last day with the wonderful Sister Banda) we had so much fun doing things like playing Phase 10 (which I won!) and my favorite: packing. It was actually a rough/stressful last day as we tried to prepare the apartment for the two new sisters but it got done. Can we actually take a moment to give a shout out to Sister Banda (because she'll be home in five weeks and hopefully will read this). Honestly I could not have asked for a better trainer because she basically became a new best friend and made sure I was always the best missionary she knew I could be. Major props to the Banda family for having such an awesome daughter/sister.

                    Tuesday was transfer day and there were tears. I knew I expected to cry when I left Manch but I didn't expect to cry as much as I did. But I knew it was what Heavenly Father needed for the area and especially for me. And I became officially Maine trapped, with not only one new companion, but two! Sister Harward and Sister Castillo were/are way supportive of me in my transition to Brewer.

                    Amidst all my anxieties of a new area and new companions I also got a cold and I just felt really inadequate in being called to Brewer. Both of them made sure I wasn't pushing myself too hard and was ok. They were also super excited when I hit 100 days of being a missionary (thanks for the package, Mom!) and were just really sweet. They recently opened the area to sisters (sister missionaries hadn't been in the area for a year and a half!) and I was coming in to their second transfer. I have learned my purpose being here is to learn how to be a better a teacher and also help organize the apartment itself (something I learned from my awesome trainer in Manch).

                    At first I was scared Brewer was going to be like what I heard all of Maine was like: boonie and old. But Brewer/Bangor is actually really suburban and pretty! Our apartment is by a bridge that connects Brewer and Bangor (a lot of the ward actually lives in Bangor) and every morning we walk the bridge and the sunrise over the river is really pretty! The trees still aren't entirely changing color but when the green disappears the area is going to be beautiful and I will be sure to get pictures!

                    I don't know what else to say about Brewer or my new area. Mainers are really nice and they definitely have their own things they say that New Hampsters don't necessarily say. For instance, Mainers like to say "A couple three". I thought it was fitting I heard that a lot my first week here considering I'm now in a trio. It is also pretty cool to help set up a new apartment for future sisters! Besides that, all I can really say is it has been a good first week in Brewer! I always appreciate the prayers of support and pray everyone else also has a good week!

Love,
Sister Wright


No comments:

Post a Comment