Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Time to Leaf - October 24, 201

"Just me and my best friend"

               Hello and Happy Monday friends and family of the world. I am coming at you from sunny and windy Old Orchard Beach, ME where the leaves have abandoned the trees. It is honestly one of the sadder experiences of autumn, when you walk out of church and look at the trees by the parking lot and realize ALL THE LEAVES HAVE LEFT. Boo. But at least the colors were beautiful while they lasted. Despite the drought potentially"ruining" the colors we still had a beautiful leaf season. So on to reviewing the week.
                Monday was P-Day and unfortunately not much to report on. Today though Sister Mann and I hope to go down to the beach to have our last "photo shoot" before Sister Mann leaves. Yes, Sister Mann is leaving and heading to the Logan area aka she is going home for health reasons. Honestly, this is one of the saddest things either of us have had to deal with and I will miss her so much but I know she is going to be a wonderful service missionary in HOPEFULLY the Logan Temple. And seriously, only the coolest people can say they did two missions in one year? Only the coolest super hero ever SisterMann! (I know you are next to me as I type this but I want it known on the internet where your mom has found my blog that you are AWESOME!) Ok I will stop bragging about Sister Mann and talk about the rest of the week for realsies.
               Tuesday we had our last "less active" lesson with a less active sister we work with. For all 
intents and purposes she is active now because she has a calling (nursery workers for the win!), goes to church, and is keeping the commandments the best she can. We are also helping her go do baptisms for her family by November so hooray! We also got a new phone because we thought our old one wasn't sending messages but apparently the new one does that too so we are just crossing our fingers we can talk to people effectively by the time we get a new new phone later on. And Tuesday I got to talk to Brother and Sister Mann with the companion sister Mann. That was pretty fun. Especially since Sister Mann's younger brother sounded like Nick. That freaked me out. (Happy shout out Brother and Sister Mann and Josh!)
             Wednesday was district meeting. Besides that nothing too exciting happened. But Thursday I had three sandwiches that inevitably killed my stomach. We had lunch with a member who made us burgers and I made the smart decision of having two. I neglected to remember that after our lunch appointment we were going to the Assistant Ward Mission Leader's for coordination and he was making us BLTs with may and avocado. Avocado-My weakness. So two burgers and a BLT later I was dead. But the sister who made the burgers also trimmed my hair so while I was dying at least my hair looked nice.
             Friday was what I call Asian food heaven. We had one member who lived in Japan make us sushi rolls and fried tofu for lunch. Oh and miso soup. And for dinner another member made postickers and fried rice. I have decided Sister Mann is my favorite because she agrees if there was one restaurant that you would eat at for the rest of your life it should be an Asian one. And Sally (who is now just short for Salvation Mobile) got new tires.
            All week was fairly overcast and drizzly but despite that we were able to meet twice with one of our investigators, Billy, on his front porch. Billy is an interesting case because he loves spirituality but has a hard time with organized religion. But we had the opportunity to give him a large print Book of Mormon he accepted. He says he likes what he's read so far. We have another investigator who really likes bow hunting and we read a bit about Nephi's bow to him which he enjoyed.
            However, the rain wasn't so bad until Saturday when it was pouring all through the festival we had a booth at, The Saco Pumpkin Harvest Fest (pronounced: Hah-vest). Our booth was right next to a cool eco-preschool with hedgehogs and a tortoise. I got a picture of the tortoise but failed to get one with the hedgehogs. Lost opportunity. But our booth had coloring pages, a prize wheel, and Halloween prizes. Sister Mann and I had fun talking to people and inviting them to the ward trunk or treat next weekend and a lot of people seemed excited to attend. We will see how that turns out Saturday! 
           We also had a baptism for one of the elder's investigators! It was such a beautiful service and we tried to get our investigators to go but no one was able to. Oh well, it was still really cool!
           Saturday night I found out my fate of staying here in Saco and I will be co-senior-ing with Sister Lescarbou, who is currently in Portland. I will pick her up tomorrow in the land of my inheritance, Manchester, but obviously have to lose Sister Mann in the meantime. This week has really taught me the importance of companionship and I want to quote from General Conference Elder Yamashita to all of my companions: "I know one reason you came here. You came here for my benefit. I have come to understand what a great young (woman) I have been serving with. I am blessed to know you." I love you all and hope we all continue to be ambitious in Christ!
Love,
Sister Wright

"Rex the tortoise. Cool neighbor at the Saco Harvest Fest. You're welcome Nick"

"District picture because #week6"

"Updated fandom map"






No comments:

Post a Comment