Monday, July 27, 2015

The Rabbi on Camelot - July 27, 2015

Here we are, another week in and still no pictures home. But hopefully I'll have time to finally get them sent!
Well I have finished my second week here in Manchester. I figured yesterday was the day I officially have spent more time in the field than at the MTC which is fun. It's also cool to finally get into the swing of things here. I understand better how P-Days/everyday work, I'm getting to know the area a little bit better, and I'm starting to get to know the members. For the most part Manchester is really nice, the people at the weather. Everyone else must think we're drowning because the weather always says it's going to rain but usually it's fairly sunny or overcast, and when it does rain it only lasts for five to ten minutes and then can go back to sunny in a matter of minutes. Luckily I've been inside a house or car anytime it has spontaneously rained.

List of Things I so far Love about New Hampshire:
1. No sales tax (I'm still super excited about it)
2. It's the granite state so they have granite everywhere and it is super pretty
3. Everyone is generally and sometimes bluntly honest. It shows in their street signs and notes they write to people. It's funny.
4. It's green (According to Sister Banda that is a good thing, I guess)
5. They love fluffernutters. I had one. It didn't really change my life but it was still good.
6. Because it's green there is wildlife like squirrels so I freak out everytime I see one.
7. The state motto is "Live Free or Die" and they post it everywhere

We do a lot of tracting which is still really scary but I have had some cool experiences from going door to door. For instance Saturday we tracted to a Rabbi's house on a street named Camelot. It was really neat to talk to him, discuss some of the beliefs we share, and encouraged each other to keep up the good work. The Camelot/Arthurian History themed neighborhood was really cool personally too. One street was named Arthur and not a lot of people were open or receptive there. So before we tracted the anti-Arthur street, Lancelot, I fervently prayed I would know that we were doing a good job and that we could share the message well. As we went house by house more people would just tell us we were doing a good job and listen to us. I was so filled by the Spirit in sharing the message of the Restored Gospel I can only explain it as "The Spirit of God like a fire is burning". Prayers are definitely answered.
We still get a lot of people saying they're "all set" but I still wouldn't call New Englanders rude. Only once has a door been slammed in our faces, and I think that brother was just having a hard day so we didn't worry too much.

I'm not going to lie, being a missionary is really hard. There have been times I thought I was going to die physically, emotionally, or mentally. But I can testify that Heavenly Father has given me the strength to go forward because this a work that needs to get done. Our loving Heavenly Father loves all His children and wants us all to return with Him. A quote that has taught me this is "Missionaries leave their families for 2 years [18 months] to help others be with theirs for eternity". May we all work to live with our families forever is my challenge for all of you listening.
Love,
Sister Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment